Package returned and re-returned

Hello,

I need advice regarding a Vinted order from which I returned an item (torn, missing button, lining ripped) to an Italian seller who had thousands of positive reviews.

He apologizes. I sent the package back the same day to the address indicated on the Vinted form.

However, it immediately became apparent that there was a problem with the drop-off point in Italy. The drop-off point, a shop, refused the package. I immediately contacted the seller to inform him. He dodged the issue, pretended not to understand, and finally admitted that the drop-off point was no longer working. And then, no more news from him. In a week, he never contacted the carrier to retrieve his package. Reading our exchanges, you would have thought he was tracking a package for the first time in his life.

The package was sent back to me and arrived today.

My question is: what about the refund? Is this a known scam to avoid refunds, or just a mistake on his part?

Thank you for your answers!

Open a dispute immediately, while you still can.