Scourge of the measure seekers

Hello,

For some time now, if not always, we are overwhelmed with people asking us for all sorts of measurements on clothing without any follow-up, not even a thank you.

Naturally, for us, going into the stock to get the item and take measurements is time-consuming…

We have used several strategies, including pre-written messages to ensure that the person actually needs the measurements for themselves.

Yes, because there is a plague of people who ask for measurements for items they themselves are selling, and this allows them to respond to their prospects without having to measure themselves… (I’ve seen YouTubers recommend this trick)…

So, we have decided to measure all new clothes with 3 to 4 rigid rulers found on AliExpress or Amazon (1 of 2m, 3 of 50cm)… it only takes 1 photo, and only 5 seconds of our time.

I am therefore sharing this tip.

(Because at the beginning, we took measurements with the iPhone app, or a flexible tape measure, but it takes time…)

Amazon.fr this model is not bad because with alternating colors every 10cm it allows you to read the measurement quickly and easily on a photo

5 Likes

Thank you, that’s sort of what I do sometimes, when asked, then I modify the article to indicate it, otherwise, I never indicate it.

2 Likes

nice foldable ruler. I also saw a big eBay seller on his video who had assembled two rigid 1-meter rulers in a cross shape, he places it on top and takes the photo, I thought that was brilliant. I like the measure tool on iPhone, it takes a little time but it allows you to put all the measurements on a photo (the manipulation is admittedly a bit annoying, let’s say so…)

readability level the white one is a bit better

Good evening, thank you for starting this topic. For my part, on ALL my items, the measurements are indicated. For the simple reason that sizes have changed over the last 15 years! So a size 36 bought more than 15 years ago (vintage clothes or those still well-preserved from 15 or 20 years ago) well, that corresponds to another current measurement size.
Furthermore, NOT ALL brands have the same size standards, this is known by amateur or professional seamstresses.
I have had to ask for sizes, sometimes people answer, others play dead. I move on when there is no answer, but I do answer when people are kind enough to grant my request.
For my part, and in order to have complete listings, sizes are systematically specified, and this does not prevent some buyers from making mistakes when buying. It’s up to them to do the work and make the effort to look at the listing and the mentions present CORRECTLY.
Good continuation to you!

1 Like