A buyer wants to return an item to me, which I have accepted. A shipping label was generated for them in a city different from mine, because all the drop-off points in my city were full.
I contacted support, and they told me that only one label can be generated and the address cannot be changed. I will not be able to travel to that city to pick up the package, it is too far from my home.
You can try to ask the seller to cancel the dispute, create a listing for you to repurchase the item, and choose your return point. But at your own risk
A bit complicated, plus I’ll have to pay fees if I do this… What happens if I don’t go pick up the package they’re going to send back to me? Will I lose my item?
I have the same case. A buyer who thought my photo frame wasn’t gold enough for her liking (though it matched my photo). She wanted a darker color (the color of brass can vary depending on its copper content). Anyway, she sent it back to me, but the package is 40 km away from my home, so where will it be sent back to?? Mystery, since she doesn’t want it, so I think it will get lost on the way, and it will be my loss. Luckily, it was only about ten euros, but it’s a shame, it was a new brass frame in its original box. You have to expect losses like in a physical store with theft and damage.
Such a shame, because it’s not our fault if we get delivered elsewhere due to lack of space… I’ve contacted Vinted several times, but they won’t budge, even though they are in the wrong. They don’t want to generate another label. Here’s their message:
Hello, Thank you for your message. Unfortunately, we can’t generate a new return label. On the return screen you are asked to verify the address and update if necessary, since it is your responsibility to provide up-to-date information. I suggest you get in touch with the buyer and find a friendly agreement with them. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and we hope that the next time everything will go smoothly. Regards,
Dmytro || Vinted
I don’t understand what they mean by that. My address is up to date, and at no point was I asked to verify it. The buyer got a label that I couldn’t see. I offered my address, and they told me they didn’t need it. I only realized this from photos of the package once it was ready to ship.
If you do not collect the package, it will be returned to the sender, who will be refunded as soon as the package arrives at « your » pickup point. It’s automatic. You have no choice.
I once managed to have a package rerouted (an item I sold that was delivered 2 hours away from my buyer). But I had to strongly complain to the carrier.
But that was the only time.
Either you find a way (acquaintance, acquaintance of an acquaintance, pickup point that marks it as received while you find a solution…) or unfortunately you lose your item.
I admit that it has never happened to me to have a return at 40km and it’s abusive. It’s not an issue of unavailable pickup points there. If your address is correct, I don’t understand their message either.