Since the latest mass restrictions implemented by Vinted, which I have of course experienced on my various accounts, my activity has completely stalled.
I now make less than one sale per week, compared to several tens during the same period last year.
I feel that the use of Clemz is severely penalizing my accounts. Today, my listings get between 0 and 5 views, compared to several tens before.
How can I get back to normal activity? Am I the only one in this situation?
Does Vinted detect the use of AI in item descriptions and can it penalize listings or accounts accordingly?
We can’t be sure that everything is related to the Clemz extension, between Vinted’s policy changes, the algorithm, and possibly the current economic climate that might be causing people to buy less…
hello the disaster for me too but it’s the case for shops in town too, for hotels, for restaurants. Obviously Vinted doesn’t help boost sales. Their « boosts » are a scam. I tested. The few (really few and cheap items) sales that I’ve made are from Vinted. I made some nice sales on eBay (high-end) which had never happened to me before and a little bit on Vestiaire Collective.
The number of sales on Vinted has severely dropped, this has been pointed out several times. On my end, -40% since the restrictions were put in place.
However, I still notice the sale of « republications ». It is willingly new listings or recently republished listings that sell. The conversion rate has decreased: previously, I used to do 30 « republications » and I had 2-3 sales; now I only have one.
I don’t see any connection from my end with Clemz. Professional account, I also have far fewer purchases after re-uploads, compared to « before », but also far fewer spontaneous purchases on new articles, I think it’s more on the economic side that it weighs in the balance.
Personal account (which is not at all linked to Clemz and no activity related to any app), I put a new Promod sweater for €8 one evening last week, over 70 favorites in 1 hour, and still for sale, and not even an offer which surprised me! At the same time last year, I would have put it at €10 or €12 and it would have sold within 24 hours at that price…
I hear the economic arguments. I don’t subscribe to them: my sales on LBC [Leboncoin] are excellent, and in total, September 2026 is already +40% vs. 2025, even though we’re only 2/3 of the way through the month.
A bad economic forecast can also lead to a shift in purchases from new to second-hand. And I always notice that the most expensive items are not necessarily the hardest to sell: collectors continue to splurge
It’s just me, but Vinted buyers don’t have the same purchasing power as on LBC, or at least they’ve gotten used to finding « cheap » and starting negotiations at -30% / -40%.
I list the same items for more on LBC and they sell without negotiation.
There are many factors that have an influence, and the weather plays a big role in fashion sales: it feels like mid-summer, who thinks about dressing for winter in these conditions?
It’s entirely possible that there’s a delay and that sales will pick up again as soon as the cold weather returns.
I don’t experience the same level of catastrophism that I read about here. Maybe I’m lucky, I don’t know. However, after a difficult spring, I’ve completely reviewed everything to see what could be causing problems (with Vinted as well as with users), and already, my reports have dropped massively, and therefore the problems with Vinted too, so sales have automatically increased.
If I take Clemz’s analysis module, choosing the last three months (so since the blocking started), it looks like this compared to last year:
For the current year (and with a disastrous Spring at -30%):
I took advantage of the work done for Vinted to transfer it to eBay and this is what it looks like since I switched to a professional shop:
And I started working on LBC again in August, it’s starting to pay off. September’s revenue is already my best in a year and a half, triple what I’ve been making for a while. This needs to be put into perspective by the fact that I was starting from a low point.
I stopped wasting time with Beebs, Rakuten (well anticipated for that matter), Opla etc… In the end, it’s much more profitable to focus on minimally active platforms.
First, I redid almost all my photos so that they would be of better quality, but especially so that they no longer cause reporting problems. I also revised my descriptions, making them more detailed. I also accepted that the platforms were different, so I am targeting them more specifically. I also tried to work with the specificities of the algorithms. Before, I used to rush to put everything online; now I spread out my ad creations to ensure a regular flow.
But I also changed my sourcing strategy. For a year now, I’ve been thinking more long-term, thus increasing the quantities I buy. Before, I used to think more in terms of « it has to sell immediately, I shouldn’t stock up ».
What has really changed on my end is multi-accounting. I haven’t yet figured out what the optimal number of listings is, but I’m finding that having 1,500 is too many: no knock-on effect on bundles. Perhaps 500 listings per account is what to aim for.
Multi-accounting also allows me a minimum of specialization. For example, I put literature on one account and essays on another. Nothing is lost in terms of bundles: buyers who mix novels and social sciences are exceptional.
September is a complicated month in general. But combined with the slowdown in growth + decrease in purchasing power, it can sting. I’ve noticed a decrease in the average basket size of about 25-30% this year compared to the same period last year. To be clear, I make calculated online postings to obtain consistent trend data. I’m not going to post €300 one week if I posted €50 last year. I try to double my online postings compared to the previous year while improving the quality of the proposed articles based on performing rotations.
big drop in activity for me too, but on a professional account so not impacted by the bans. Items that would have sold quickly and without negotiation before are still for sale. 200 favorites for an item with no sale, even though it sold for €6… I agree with those talking about the weather; I was starting to list children’s coats online, but when it’s 30°C, I’m not sure if it’s really relevant… and at the same time, I already see a lot of Halloween and Christmas items. I used to easily sell vintage items under the « vintage dressing » brand, and it’s become laborious. I’ve noticed that what always worked well for me is the Cyrillus brand; it sells in just a few hours, but then again, the market is quite limited.