Hello, I recently got permanently banned for listing a « counterfeit » item, I tried appealing it with providing the serial number, pictures of the tag and the invoice from Farfetch and i got a generic reply that decisions are final and I cannot get any more appeals. Vinted is my main source of income as a college student and I have found it to be much better than Grailed and Vestiaire and Depop. I tried creating on another macbook a new account with icloud hide my emails and with paid different phone number and yet i still got permanently banned.
I now think of creating a new gmail account with a friends phone number. Opening a new bank account. And using a different adress and name. Yet my questions are:
- If i used it on the app before, can i wait time, delete the app or use vpn on the phone to log in again. (I might get a new device if the issue is with that)
- For the macbook should I use a whole new browser like firefox or its fine just deleting the history and logging in again. (I have a rotating IP adress at my home wifi)
- Lastly my question is since on my previous account I had logged in on Chrome and Safari and App, which one is safe to use again aswell as which network is safe to use again as I have logged in on both my home wifi and on my 5g
Please and Thank you for the help.
1 Like
Welcome to the forum @vintie1737
So, to create a new Vinted account when you already have one that has been banned, you need to take the following precautions (from what I know):
-
On computer: If Vinted sees that a new account is using the same computer as a banned account, it bans it immediately. And Vinted identifies your computer in 2 ways.
A - with cookies
B- with a program that looks at the « digital fingerprint » of your browser (which browser, screen size, sound/bluetooth/wifi options, time zone, and dozens of other things - you can test this here: https://coveryourtracks.eff.org/).
In theory, using the IP address to identify you is forbidden
Conclusion: at a minimum, you need to clear your cookies or use private browsing. The ideal is to use a new browser (Brave, for example) if you don’t want to change computers 
-
On phone: In my opinion, even when uninstalling, the Vinted app leaves data in the device’s memory that allows it to tell Vinted « this phone used account X before, and account X has been banned ».
Conclusion: I think you at least need to reset your phone (this erases the memory). The best thing is to change it altogether, but I’m not sure it’s essential.
But basically, changing your IP (via a VPN) is not enough because Vinted is not supposed to identify your account in that way.
I hope this gives you some leads! Good luck