Sending a package that's a bit too long: how to react?

I’m taking advantage of this topic to gather opinions for once as a buyer and not a seller: we agree that two weeks to send a package is becoming too long, right?

I made the huge mistake of buying an item from a seller with an average of 3 stars, I understand why now. Upon purchase, I received « thank you for your purchase, I’ll send it quickly » – the usual stuff. Three days later, nothing had been shipped, so I sent a quick message to find out the status. The girl told me « it’s going out tomorrow, » but the next day, still nothing.

Finally, as the shipping deadline approached, she asked for an extension, explaining that the package was ready, but she had to take the train to drop it off and missed it (even though it’s a standard Mondial Relay delivery). She assured me that « tomorrow should be fine normally. »

Spoiler alert: the extension week expires, still nothing shipped, and today I receive a message saying that the item is actually at her mother’s and she has to go pick it up to send it to me (so the package wasn’t ready at all at the time):slight_smile:

In short, a huge feeling of having been taken for a fool and of course, since I’m too nice, I’m unable to cancel the purchase or even argue with the saleswoman :sweat_smile:

Another hypothesis is that your seller does not own the item and is trying to buy it somewhere cheaper than she sold it to you for. So she’s making you wait while she tries to find it and receive it.

1 Like

Hello,
Indeed, I think the person doesn’t have the item, they made excuses, and then came the request for an extension… (When I’m on vacation, I use it for example, but I let the buyer know immediately, which they understand 100% of the time.)